The Plumbing Foundation City of New York, Inc. has been the leading voice of the industry. Subject to Board approval, any licensed plumbing firm in the City has an opportunity to apply for membership. Click here for a membership application.
As an NYC licensed plumbing company, do you care about…
- The City taking aggressive action against unlicensed firms and cover-up plumbers?
- The City ensuring licensed firms follow all applicable codes?
- City agencies creating unnecessary administrative burdens on licensed plumbing companies?
- The industry providing educational seminars (City filing procedures, insurance costs, contract liability terms, technical training, Federal/State EEO requirements, etc.)?
- Receiving real-time updates on changes in City laws, rules, and procedures?
- The plumbing industry fostering a close relationship with important elected officials (Governor, Mayor, City Council Speaker, Chair of the Housing and Building committee, Chair of the Environmental Protection Committee, State Senate, State Assembly, etc.)?
- The City adopting and enforcing important laws such as requiring backflow device installation and water tank inspections?
- Prohibiting unsafe/unreliable materials and systems for use in NYC (e.g. plastic pipe, pro vent, pipe lining, flexible gas piping, etc.)?
Membership benefits include:
- Subscription to the Pipecaster
- Email distribution of bi-weekly Plumbing Foundation news E-blast
- Immediate update on important changes in City and State legislation, as well as policies at DOB, DEP, and DOHMH
- Membership meetings
- Guest speakers
- Exchange of information among colleagues to strengthen your business operations and procedures
- Periodic educational seminars
- Opportunity to be elected and serve on Foundation Board of Directors
- Most importantly, membership will allow you to help develop the regulatory, legislative, and enforcement agenda of the Foundation.
Interested in Membership in our Gas Operator Qualification Program? Click here.