The Plumbing Foundation City of New York, Inc. hosted a three-part webinar series in which experts discussed water efficiency, Legionella prevention, and the importance of preparedness against backflow.
The recordings are no longer available, but if you are interested in the videos and/or materials presented, please email email@example.com.
Part 1: Water Efficiency (originally recorded on March 22, 2022)
Coinciding with World Water Day, this panel discussed water efficiency and sustainability methods, the role of the Licensed Master Plumber, and ways owners can work with their plumber to conserve water usage and increase sustainability. Our expert panelists included:
- Stephanie Tanner, CEM, LEED AP BD+C, Lead Engineer, WaterSense Program, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Alan Cohn, Managing Director, Integrated Water Management, NYC Department of Environmental Protection
- John Brock, Policy Analyst, Integrated Water Management, NYC Department of Environmental Protection
- Peter Li, PE, LEED AP, Associate Partner, Jaros, Baum & Bolles
Part 2: Legionella Prevention (originally recorded on March 23, 2022)
This panel discussed the Legionella problem and what more can and should be done in New York City to prevent and combat Legionnaires’ Disease. Our expert panelists included:
- Manhattan Borough President Mark Levine
- Dr. Janet Stout, President of Special Pathogens Laboratory
- John Letson, VP of Plant Operations at Memorial Sloan-Kettering
- Robert Greenberg, President, Evergreen Mechanical
Part 3: Backflow Preparedness (originally recorded on March 24, 2022)
This panel discussed the impact of recent mega storms on NYC homeowners, the Citywide Climate Adaptation Plan passed by the NYC Council last October, as well as the existing backflow prevention requirements and why it is vital to comply with installation and testing requirements. Our expert panelists include:
- NYS Senator Joseph Addabbo Jr.
- Muhammad Hossain, PhD, PE, Chief-Connections, BWSO, NYC Department of Environmental Protection and Adj. Professor at City University of New York
- Rob Greenberg, President, Evergreen Mechanical
- Ron Merhige, PE, CEM, President, RLM Engineering PLLC