Please join the Plumbing Foundation for a FREE virtual three-part seminar series March 22-24, 2022!
The Water Conservation, Safety, & Welfare series will entail experts discussing water efficiency, Legionella prevention, and the importance of preparedness against backflow.
Please click on the applicable event to register!
Coinciding with World Water Day, a discussion on the role of the Licensed Master Plumber and ways owners can work with their plumber to conserve water usage and increase sustainability. Our expert panelists include:
- Stephanie Tanner, CEM, LEED AP BD+C, Lead Engineer, WaterSense Program, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Alan Cohn, Managing Director, Integrated Water Management, NYC Department of Environmental Protection
- John Brock, Policy Analyst, Integrated Water Management, NYC Department of Environmental Protection
- Peter Li, PE, LEED AP, Associate Partner, Jaros, Baum & Bolles
An overview on the Legionella problem and what more can and should be done in New York City to prevent and combat Legionnaires’ Disease. Our expert panelists include:
- Manhattan Borough President Mark Levine
- Dr. Janet Stout, President of Special Pathogens Laboratory
- John Letson, VP of Plant Operations at Memorial Sloan-Kettering
- Robert Greenberg, President, Evergreen Mechanical
A discussion on the impact of recent mega storms on NYC homeowners, the Citywide Climate Adaptation Plan passed by the NYC Council last October, as well as the existing backflow prevention requirements and why it is vital to comply with installation and testing requirements. Our expert panelists include:
- NYS Senator Joseph Addabbo Jr.
- Muhammad Hossain, PhD, PE, Chief-Connections, BWSO, NYC Department of Environmental Protection and Adj. Professor at City University of New York
- Rob Greenberg, President, Evergreen Mechanical
- Ron Merhige, PE, CEM, President, RLM Engineering PLLC
Registrants will receive a Zoom webinar link the day before the applicable event.